The Internet of Things is here to stay, and at ACR Solutions we’re here to help you get ahead of the curve.
What is the Internet of Things?
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a series of networked devices, often with specific purposes. These devices feed information back to a central point for later use.
IoT devices can range from temperature and moisture sensors to cameras and even GPS chips, all designed to gather certain kinds of information and relay it back.
How Do I Add IoT to My Current Work Environment?
Any IoT strategy will begin with evaluating where your business could benefit. The IoT can address a wide variety of needs, from fleet tracking to monitoring internal conditions in a clean room or office complex.
We’ll then work together to select the relevant IoT systems to address these opportunities. Some examples are sensors for environmental conditions, GPS tracking for fleet management, and so on.
What Should I Know About IoT Security?
- Each IoT device is a potential access point. If your IoT devices can access sensitive business data, they may be at risk to cybersecurity breaches.
- There’s little standardization. It can be difficult to manage and monitor multiple operating systems.
- Updates are often few. Not every operating system is updated regularly. Security patches may be rare, let alone applied throughout your entire IoT.
We can help you audit your current security and improve processes to minimize harm.
Is My Network Ready For IoT?
- Consider the current network. If your network is already seeing a lot of slowdown, adding new components to it won’t help. The reverse also applies.
- Start small. If there’s any concern about the network’s performance, start with a few simpler functions and attempt to scale up from there.
- Death by a thousand cuts. Most IoT devices are transmitting comparatively small amounts of data, and don’t need a lot of bandwidth. The more devices that are in play, though, the more pronounced the impact.
We can help you assess your network and help it handle the new demand.